2006/12/22

Un-fing-believable...

I am still sitting here, roughly 12 hours removed from that horrible beating... totally in disbelief. 1 word... un-fing-believable! Look, forget in the last post I said one of six cards would help me. I know it was five cards... That's not the point.

The point is, well... the point is... Look, I should not EVER lose with the hammer when I drop it, period. And now that I have... well, I guess now I have to question everything I once believed to be real. Thanks Mitch! Thanks for the wake up call...




No advertisments today, in mourning of the BeerGuy's hammer drop gone wrong...




The two-fing-seven offsuit is supposed to be the strongest hand in poker. And in the interest of fairness, I've never went to a showdown with the hammer and lost with it. I can really only conclude that live poker is rigged. I mean how else do you explain such a beating? Mitch had to have had access to the algorhythm or something in the human shuffler. Or maybe the dealer was giving him signals. Mitch was the host, after all. Or maybe it was a pocket cam that he had access to?

Even so, I'd think that between my playing the strongest hand in poker AND I've not even mentioned Chuck F'ing Norris was protecting my chips. Sure, Mitch had a ninja... big deal. Everyone knows Norris trumps Ninja, period...

So, what next? Where do I go from here? I mean, next thing you're gonna tell me is that some things do actually occur 90% of the time... or or or... that the US is going to be the only country still not on the metric system, right?

I know, you're gonna say that people are going to sell their poker blogs and turn them into... nah, that's just ridiculous. No one sells their poker blogs.

All I know is that I've not lost with the hammer since the modern sack era of football ever! And now that I have... well, I guess I have to re-learn the game of hold'em, because what I once believed to be true now no longer is. So, I guess I'm a newbie here... I'm going to have to teach myself to play all over again. Start from scratch, if you will...

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to train between now and "the big game" (Blogger Poker Tour Grand Final - Saturday 3pm --- pregame begins at 5pm Moscow Time - happy hour). And, unlike Mitch, I'm a true athlete and won't juice up to enhance my performance on the felt. So, I guess the Grand Final is the place! I'm gonna learn to play all over again, and what a great training ground that will be. 19 quality players and the new guy. I wonder if I'll have beginner's luck?

Until then...

Mike

Related Posts

We're in uncharted waters here... the hammer lost... nothing relates.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.


Subscribe to the Poker Pub