2006/11/05

BPT Thoughts and some stats...


high quality inexpensive poker chips only at 5 Star Deal.
Get a free iPod of your choice.
Play free poker at CheckRayz - free entry, cash prizes and money-added buyin poker tournaments. Sign up now!
Need a new Poker Room? List of Poker Rooms who welcome all customers as of 10/19/2006 10am EDT
Blogger? Join the Blogger Poker Tour today! From the Blogosphere to the Aussie Millions... BPT - only at Poker.com!



I've had some time to digest yesterday's Blogger Poker Tour Omaha event. I got lucky, it's that simple. I caught a run of nice cards a few times over and when they mattered most. My decisions were as simple as possible for me. When they were difficult, I was probably not looking at them the right way (i.e. - Thinking wow, that's a steep bet, do I call? When in actuallity, I should be thinking do I raise or fold). My goal, as a player yesterday, was to make the game as simple as possible for me, because Omaha is not a game in which I am intimately familliar. I believe I accomplished my goal, and additionally had loads of fun while doing so.


As for the blogging end of the equation, it's difficult to cover an event in which one goes deep in - especially in a game that one is not truly familliar with. I'd see bustout hand after bustout hand, and I'd have to stare at the hand history for quite a while, as it was not obvious to me how the losing hand lost the way it did. I felt like a newbie to hold'em, not understanding how his flopped two pair lost, holding ks-5s vs AA and the board reads k-5-2-6-2. And yes, I do remember those days... Even had a flashback or two of them in yesterday's event.

Speaking of yesterday, big thanks to Shane, Poker.com, Irongirl, and everyone who made the event happen. Additional shout out to freeroll26 - you da man!

Finally, consistancy is the key to successful poker play. After four events, these are the players who are seemingly the most consistant during this season (and yes, I've taken notice...):

two top 20 finishes

irongirl
viezeMan
imjusthere4thebeer
DavidMalek (3 top 20, of which 1 final table)
michael1965 (3 for three top 20, 1 final table - 2nd place)
rahaboss
pearlsnapman
flushedhand
Osssss
Teanter (2 for 2 top 20s)
mada1970
xScrewballx
debbiedragon (2 for 2 top 20)

two final tables

kufolem (win, sixth, 11th in three starts!)
brodoughno (three top 20 finishes)
natsdad (1st, sixth)
elc3105
astinaguy
hacksaw2000
quackpot


Related Posts

Live Blogger Poker Tour Coverage - week 4

Words from BPT Participants

Bringing Bloggers to the Poker Tour