2007/07/26

Sick beat on table 13...

1-2 NL "Table 13" 5 handed...

Folded to me on the button...

I raise to 7 with Q-10 offsuit

The SB and the BB both call. Each of us have anywhere from $150-200 in our stacks.





Poker Pub Sponsors and deals:
Newest, hottest place to play poker - Carbon Poker - Special 200% up to $100 (code initialcheckrayz), a reload bonus of 75% up too $100 (code reloadcheckrayz)!
$100 in FREE Links
Play free poker at CheckRayz - free entry, cash prizes and money-added buyin poker tournaments. Sign up now!
Get better at playing poker online with pokertracker. Analyze your play and the play of your opposition.
Advertise with the Poker Pub




Flop comes Q diamonds, 10 diamonds, nine clubs.

Checks to me, where I bet 16 into the 20 pot. I get one caller in the small blind, who is a tricky, trappy player - more than capable of bluffing or call bluffing.

I begin to think about what kind of hands he called me on the flop with. He could have anything, thinking I was on a steal and continuing it. Or he could have a hand such as AQ, KJ, J10, Q9, A9, AA, KK, a smaller pocket pair. Additionally, any K, Q, J combination could have called here if in his hand.

Turn is a 10. I'm sure I now have the best hand. I have to bet here, to make it look like a somewhat disguised steal to my opposition, otherwise, I risk either a check behind or a fold. I bet out 40 into the 52 dollar pot.

The player thinks, and says "I have to push, I'm all in."

He has me covered. I think for a second, a quick second and call.

"You have me beat, don't you?" he asks.

I tell him I think I do, and ask which he has, an overpair, a straight or a flush. He tells me he needs a king, knowing I have a boat. He calls for a king on the river, and sure enough, he hits his 2 outer. Kings over queens vs my 10s over queens.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.


Subscribe to the Poker Pub